Saturday, October 10, 2009

I Am A Gas Gardener - and You Should Be Too

A while back, a friend of mine sent me a message about how she had earned a gas card playing a trivia game called gasgardentrivia. The site was called Gas Garden. Gardening for gas - what was that about? However, since two of my favorite things were involved - trivia and saving money on gas, I had to give a try. Besides, anyone who could come up with "gardening for gas" must be a pretty creative person.

I went to www.gasgarden.com  and was pleasantly surprised by the bright colors - and the colorful rows of gas cans "growing" in the garden. I immediately signed up, followed  www.twitter.com/gasgardentrivia on Twitter, and started playing. I got caught up in the number of games available for new signees, and competitive type that I am, I played every one. I was never bored, because variety was the name of the game. I played every game available in one sitting because I was having so much fun!

Here are the great things about gas gardening: You earn points for every successful completion of a game. Once you reach the set point levels, you can get your gas card, or bank your points as you garden for a bigger card. I chose to do that and am currently working towards my $10 gas card. The fan favorite - the "spot the difference" pictures are bright and bold and fun! I have seen nothing but positive comments from fellow "gardeners".

The best thing about Gas Garden is the head gardener herself, Gabbie Lauderdale. She is the brains behind the games and is a welcoming and active presence. She is very responsive to her users and cheers us on as we work in our gardens, inching ever closer to those cards. From personal experience, I can tell you that she is a pleasure to chat with.

Are there any negatives about Gas Garden? None, except you might need to use a magnifying glass on some of those pictures because Gabbie does a great job of inserting little changes.

As for me and my gardening, so far so good. She hasn't stumped me yet, and I've only had to use the magnifying glass once.

To start your own garden, look at my fave site links, click on Gas Garden and start gardening today!

No comments:

Post a Comment